All over the country, the National Kidney Foundation, along with many other medical institutions and organizations will be bringing awareness on how to best take care of the kidney and how to prevent and treat kidney disease.
Here are few facts about the kidney.
● Filtering waste out of 200 liters of blood each day.
● Regulating of the body's salt, potassium and acid content.
● Removing of drugs from the body.
● Balancing the body's fluids.
● Releasing hormones that regulate blood pressure.
● Producing an active form of vitamin D that promotes strong, healthy bones.
● Controlling the production of red blood cells.
Quick Facts on Kidney Disease:
● Kidney disease is the 9th leading cause of death in the country.
● More than 26 million Americans have kidney disease, and most don’t know it.
● There are over 95,000 people waiting for kidney transplants.
● More than 590,000 people have kidney failure in the US today.
We encourage you to get a kidney screening and to stay hydrated as a healthy lifestyle and remember that March 13th is World Kidney day.
Hearts With Integrity is a Home Health Agency located in Hartford City, Indiana with the mission to serve each client with respect and dignity, allowing them to remain as independent as possible.